Apply to Coach FAST!
Are you up to the challenge,
and the rewarding experience of being a FAST Coach?
We offer competitive compensation, a great team environment and fabulous athletes to work with.
It is required that you have a minimum the Level 1coaching certification. You will also need to be available for the 12 Saturdays starting January 5, 2014. More details and requirements are highlighed in the online coaching application. The FAST coaches code of conduct is also listed below.
The FAST coaches code of conduct as follows:
THE COACH AGREES TO:
• Teach the athletes, in a logical sequence, using all the available tools in the quest to achieve training and competition success.
• Commit 100% to the designed training plan and schedule.
• Communicate with athletes on any and all aspects of their training (listening – explaining – deciding – acting).
• Communicate and schedule meetings with parents on appropriate aspects of the FAST training programs.
• Behave according to the NCCP & CSCF Alpine Coaching Code of Ethics and be a member in good standing
• Represent the athlete’s best interests within and outside of the Kootenay Zone as required.
• Support FAST sponsors, when possible
• Constantly look for ways to upgrade coaching skills and knowledge.
• Keep current on all safety regulations that pertain to ski coaches, including WCB regulations which mandate helmet use at all times.
FAIR PLAY FOR COACHES
• I will teach my athletes to compete fairly.
• I will adhere to the rules of the sport as defined by the Club and the governing bodies for the sport, and teach my athletes to adhere to these rules.
• I will teach my athletes to respect officials and opponents.
• I will ensure that all athletes have the opportunity for equal instruction and support.
• I will not ridicule or yell at my athletes for making mistakes or performing poorly.
• I will remember that children play to have fun and must be encouraged to have confidence in themselves.
• I agree that I will not verbally, physically or mentally harass or abuse athletes, coaches or volunteers participating in the sport.
• I will make sure that training, training equipment, and training venues are safe and match the athlete’s age and abilities.
• I will remember that children need a coach they can respect.
• I will be generous with praise, constructive comments and set a good example.
• I will obtain proper training and continue to upgrade my coaching skills.
• I will respect, consider and be open to parent communication.
If you have any questions, please contact Rod Timm at email@example.com.